Who would have thought that a new virus called Covid-19 can change the way of life for billions of people around the world?
In the span of nearly three months, the Philippines has seen lockdowns like never before: State of Public Health Emergency, Community Quarantine (CQ), Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), General Community Quarantine (GCQ) to Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
Hospitals nearly reached their full capacity. Doctors and nurses wore personal protective equipment as they dealt with patients. Everyone started wearing face masks and face shields. Schools and churches were closed. Public transportation was also suspended. Checkpoints were set up in key choke points on the roads. Jobs were lost as businesses stopped operations.
It was practically a ghost town everywhere.
Authorities say the country will bounce back, but it will have to face the possibility of a “new normal,” even as the world races against time to find a cure for the novel coronavirus.
If you haven’t been outside for weeks, let us give you a peek into what might become of your city as it prepares for life with Covid-19.
[Entry 308, The SubSelfie Blog]
About the Author:
JM Nualla is the Managing Editor of SubSelfie.com. He is presently a News Producer of New Day and The Source on CNN Philippines. He also serves as an Assistant Professor in iACADEMY, teaching scripwriting, film language, new media and mentoring thesis projects. Previously, he was a Segment Producer for the GMA News Special Assignments Team and Senior Producer/Online Content Manager for Claire Delfin Media. Broadcast Communication 2009, PUP Manila. MA Journalism 2014, Ateneo de Manila.
Read more of his articles here.
- Filipino Youth Collaborate as Volunteers to Teach Science, Math Online for Free
- Reflections on ‘Fratelli Tutti,’ Pope Francis’ Warning Vs Populism, Neoliberalism
- Why Finding Ninong and Ninang is a Toxic Filipino Trait
- Online Protection and Self-care for 2021
- Real Life Seo Dal-Mi Wins at AXN Asia, Go Daddy’s Project Go
- Staying Away from Online Toxicity
- Because It’s Christmas
- ‘Vilifying, Cyberbullying Not Solutions to Tarlac Shooting Incident’
- Combating Fake News in the Digital Era
- Nutella and Via Mare Join Forces to Spread Christmas Cheer
- Beware of Toxic Toys
- Share the Festivity with Pancake House’s Classic Pan Chicken Holiday Bucket