Who would have thought that a new virus called Covid-19 can change the way of life for billions of people around the world?
In the span of nearly three months, the Philippines has seen lockdowns like never before: State of Public Health Emergency, Community Quarantine (CQ), Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), General Community Quarantine (GCQ) to Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
Hospitals nearly reached their full capacity. Doctors and nurses wore personal protective equipment as they dealt with patients. Everyone started wearing face masks and face shields. Schools and churches were closed. Public transportation was also suspended. Checkpoints were set up in key choke points on the roads. Jobs were lost as businesses stopped operations.
It was practically a ghost town everywhere.
Authorities say the country will bounce back, but it will have to face the possibility of a “new normal,” even as the world races against time to find a cure for the novel coronavirus.
If you haven’t been outside for weeks, let us give you a peek into what might become of your city as it prepares for life with Covid-19.
[Entry 308, The SubSelfie Blog]
About the Author:
JM Nualla is the Managing Editor of SubSelfie.com. He is presently a News Producer of New Day and The Source on CNN Philippines. He also serves as an Assistant Professor in iACADEMY, teaching scripwriting, film language, new media and mentoring thesis projects. Previously, he was a Segment Producer for the GMA News Special Assignments Team and Senior Producer/Online Content Manager for Claire Delfin Media. Broadcast Communication 2009, PUP Manila. MA Journalism 2014, Ateneo de Manila.
Read more of his articles here.
- After Hidilyn, PH bags ‘Gold’ in Olympics chatter on Facebook
- The Human Body: Through a director’s camera & a microscope’s lens
- ‘1 in 4 Filipino students has used e-cig’
- Delivering remote assessments with integrity
- #RIPPNoy got netizens think about renal health, EJK, #Eleksyon2022
- Facebook announces new tools to help Filipinos get credible Covid-19 vaccine info
- PH joins AsPac neighbors in first Jurassic World virtual run
- 1st Pinoy Viu Original musical narrative series ‘Still’ features star-studded lineup
- A matter of Pride: Gays in their golden years recount the need for SOGIE bill
- Top 10 childhood snacks we miss
- Cinemalaya 2021 features 13 short films, streams on KTX
- K-Pop conquers Twitter Spaces globally